XAVAX7000 Apple CarPlay Android Auto High Power Media Reciever
About the Sony XAV-AX7000
One powerful stereo
Sony has always been a strong choice when it's time to upgrade your factory radio, but their XAV-AX7000 digital multimedia receiver rises to the top of the heap when it comes to built-in power. With 45 watts RMS per channel and five 5-volt preamp outputs, this receiver's Class-D amplifier gives you the tools to start building a seriously impressive system. Plus, Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto® offer the best smartphone integration out there, letting you access your media with easy-to-use icons on a 6.95" anti-glare capacitive touchscreen or by using voice control.
When you start up your vehicle, the XAV-AX7000's quick wake-up design loads your home screen 2.5 times faster than previous models. And with your smartphone connected via USB, you can jump right into Apple CarPlay and Android Auto for the best of your apps on the big screen. This stereo's controls behave like your phone's interface, so there's no learning curve. You'll get access to your navigation, phone calls, weather, text messages, and of course all your music. Get more info at www.apple.com/ios/carplay and www.android.com/auto.
Go wireless with Bluetooth®
Bluetooth enables wireless streaming for music, along with the convenience of hands-free phone calls. This Sony lets you enjoy all the content without plugging in when you get behind the wheel. You can install the included wired microphone close to you, so callers can hear you loud and clear.
So many music options
Sony supplies two USB inputs, so you can take advantage of Apple CarPlay or Android Auto and still play digital music files from a flash drive. And if you're looking for radio stations that won't fade away when you look for new adventures, add a SiriusXM tuner to this Sony to enjoy satellite radio's deep programming from coast to coast.
So many sound options
This receiver also offers an impressive array of sound-sculpting controls, including a 10-band graphic equalizer, EXTRA BASS™ for low-frequency enhancement, and Dynamic Stage Organizer (DSO) which creates virtual speakers on your dash for better soundstaging. The XAV-AX7000 also includes 5-volt front, rear, and subwoofer preamp outputs for when it's time to add amplifiers to your system. And in a 2.1 channel setup, you can power a subwoofer from this receiver, using Sony's Subwoofer Direct Connection.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
Installation Note: We recommend running a dedicated constant power wire to the battery for optimal performance from this Sony's amp — we offer an inexpensive wiring kit for this installation. This Sony's high-powered amp won't work in systems where the factory amplifier is still active.
Smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
You'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
- digital multimedia receiver with AM/FM tuner
- 6.95" anti-glare capacitive touchscreen display
- built-in internal amp (45 watts RMS/100 peak x 4 channels)
- works with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- plays FLAC files on USB drives
- Bluetooth hands-free calling and audio streaming
- weather-sealed buttons
- Pandora and Spotify control with iPhone and Android
- Siri control
- plays media from USB memory devices (see Details for full capabilities)
- 10-band equalizer with digital time alignment and EXTRA BASS
- Dynamic Stage Organizer (DSO) compensates for low speaker positions
- subwoofer controls
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: dual rear USB inputs, rear-view camera input
- outputs: 5-channel preamp outputs (5-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- subwoofer direct connection (run a single sub off a single rear channel)
- CTA-2006 compliant
- fits double-DIN dash openings
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # XAV-AX7000