XAVAX5000 Apple CarPlay Android Auto High Power Media Reciever
About the Sony XAV-AX5000
Written by Crutchfield'sKen N.
Times have changed
Remember when you only had a radio in your car? How quaint. Smartphones are now the way we roll when we're driving, thanks to car stereos like Sony's XAV-AX5000 digital multimedia receiver. This Sony integrates beautifully with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto so you can access your media with easy-to-use icons and pages, and even use your voice to make commands so your eyes stay on the road. When you do sneak a peek, you'll be impressed by the clarity and color of Sony's new bezel-less 7" flat mirror LCD display. Sony knows how to build beautiful display screens, and I think this is one of the sharpest ones on the market.
Use your phone's nav functions with Android Auto (pictured) or Apple CarPlay.
The phone is the key
Apple CarPlay and Android Auto let you access your phone's content with the sound of your voice or the touch of a finger. This stereo's controls behave like your phone's interface, so there's no learning curve. Plug in your Android™ or iPhone®, and you'll get access to your navigation, phone calls, weather, text messages, and of course all your music. Get more info at www.apple.com/ios/carplay and www.android.com/auto.
Go wireless with Bluetooth®
Bluetooth enables wireless streaming for music, podcasts, and audiobooks, along with the convenience of hands-free phone calls. This Sony lets you enjoy all the content without plugging in when you get behind the wheel. You can install the included wired microphone close to you, so callers can hear you loud and clear.
Music — lots of music
If you groove to your favorite music services on your iPhone or Android, you'll dig playing music from Pandora and Spotify on this receiver. If you're looking for radio stations that won't fade away when you look for new adventures, add a SiriusXM tuner to this Sony to enjoy satellite radio's deep programming from coast to coast.
This receiver also offers an impressive array of sound-sculpting controls, including a 10-band graphic equalizer and Dynamic Stage Organizer (DSO) which creates virtual speakers on your dash for better soundstaging. Supporting the soundshaping is the clear and natural sound of Sony's powerful Dynamic Reality Amp 2. The XAV-AX5000 also includes front, rear, and subwoofer preamp outputs for when it's time to add amplifiers to your system.
Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most cars, you'll need an adapter to retain those controls with this car stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and radio, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. You'll see the adapters that work with your vehicle when you add this receiver to your cart.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
Smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
You'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
- digital multimedia receiver with AM/FM tuner
- 6.95" capacitive touchscreen display on bezel-less panel
- works with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- plays FLAC files on USB drives
- Bluetooth hands-free calling and audio streaming
- Pandora and Spotify control with iPhone and Android
- plays media from USB memory devices
- 10-band equalizer with digital time alignment
- Dynamic Stage Organizer (DSO) compensates for low speaker positions
- subwoofer controls
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: dual rear USB inputs, rear-view camera input
- outputs: 5-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- built-in internal amp (20 watts RMS/55 peak x 4 channels)
- CTA-2006 compliant
- fits double-DIN dash openings
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # XAVAX5000